Vietnam – Entry and Customs procedure
Customs procedures in Vietnam are quick and simple. To enter and exit Vietnam, visitors are required to fulfill the entrance and exit procedures in the form (in Vietnamese or in English languages). Luggage of people on entry (including clothes, personal belongings with reasonable quantity in service of the trip’s purpose) must be declared in case as follows:
- Luggage exceeds duty free concessions
- Luggage sent before or after trips
- Professional equipment temporarily imported and re-exported or vice versa;
- Addictive medicines
- Other medicines exceed 30 USD in value
- Foreign currency exceeds 7,000 USD (seven thousand US dollars), or its equivalence other foreign currency, or over 15,000,000 VND (fifteen million Vietnam Dong), in cash.
- Goods prohibited to import: weapons, ammunition, explosives, military technical equipment, drugs, toxic chemicals, debauched and reactionary products, firecrackers of all kinds, toys with negative impacts on the dignity education, social security and safety, cigarettes beyond the stipulated quantity, etc.
- Goods prohibited to export: weapons, ammunition, , military technical equipment, antiques, drugs, toxic chemicals, wild animals, rare and precious animals and plants, documents related to the national security by the State Bank.
- Duty free concessions for the baggage of arriving passengers
- For liquor: Liquor at 22o and above: 1.5 litres; Liquor below 22o: 2.0 litres; Alcoholic beverage: 3.0 litres.
- For cigarettes and cigars: Cigarettes: 400 pieces; Cigar: 100 pieces; Tobacco: 500 g
- For tea, coffee: Tea: 5 kg, Coffee: 3 kg
- For Clothes, personal belongings: With reasonable quantity in service of the trip’s purpose
- Articles other than those mentioned at item above (outside the list of goods banned from import): Total value exceeds 5,000,000 VND.
- Notes: Foreigners on entry carry luggage, which exceeds the duty-free quotas, presents and gifts with the total value not exceeding VND 1,000,000 (one million) shall be exempt from taxes.